Cynthia Leitich Smith Interviews Alyxandra Harvey on The Drake Chronicles

I have to admit when I first found Hearts at Stake, the first book in The Drake Chronicles series, by Alyxandra Harvey I was in no hurry to read it. I mean come on – another vampire series with a vampire princess no less? The cover also was just kind of bland and rang of cheesiness. So I would always pick the book up, consider it for a moment or two, and put it back for a more appealing choice. However, being the vampire lover that I am, I decided that getting the book from the library couldn’t hurt anything. I mean if it sucked I wouldn’t lose anything, right? This book taught me that the old saying “Don’t judge a book by its cover” c0uldn’t be more true. I loved it! The second book in the series just recently came out and I can’t wait to get my hands on it.

I was so excited to see that Cynthia had posted on her blog an interview with Alyxandra about the series. Cynthia asks:

How did you discover and get to know your protagonist? How about your secondary characters?

As a paranormal writer, what first attracted you to that literary tradition? Have you been a long-time paranormal reader? Did a particular book or books inspire you?

Head on over to Cynthia’s blog to get the answers.

Also, be sure to check out The Drake Chronicles. Keep your eyes peeled for a review here on Unshelved very soon.

Comments