Book Boyfriend: Adam Wilde





We decided that Thursday needed a little pizazz and stumbled on this meme. So we took ourselves over to The Unread Reader to see what it was all about and join the fun. The Unread Reader features this meme on Wednesdays, but we figured moving our participation to Thursday wouldn't hurt anything. We'd love it if you'd leave a comment if you participate in this so we can check out your book boyfriends as well.

My book boyfriend is: Adam Wilde

Book he's in: If I Stay and Where She Went

Author: Gayle Forman


My ideal Adam is Ian Somerhalder. Feel free to Google him!




His appearance: *his smile is lopsided
*his eyes are flecks of green, brown and gray
*he's thin, but surprisingly built
he has a cleft chin, and some subtle tattoos
*he dresses in skinny jeans and vintage concert t-shirts
*little else is said of his physical appearance, which actually makes it
easier to fall for him. He can be whatever you want him to be.


Some Adam facts:
*He is the lead guitarist and main song writer for the white-hot fictional band, Shooting Star
*He saved his pizza delivery money for two weeks and bought tickets to Yo-Yo Ma, hoping that Mia would agree to go
*Mia's tragic car accident left her near death and broken for months, but Adam, it could be argued, suffered right along with her
* He loves camping
*He's a year older than Mia. What caught his eye about her was that she got more lost in music than he does.
*His idea of taking their relationship to the next level: he lay down on Mia's bed, arms stretched above his head, and told her to play him like she would her cello.


Quotes about Adam:
". . . Adam had chosen me, and this I didn't understand. Why had he fallen for me? It didn't make sense. . . When I was with Adam, I felt picked, chosen, special, and that just made me wonder why me? even more." ~ Mia

"Finally, he stops and looks at my face. 'Please, Mia,' he implores. 'Don't make me write a song.' "


Why I love Adam: What's not to love? This boy is the definition of swoon. He loves his girl for being exactly who she is, and doesn't expect her to change for him. He isn't afraid to be himself, either, even though he is a rocker and she plays cello. He loves with his entire being; he gives himself over to emotion, and is unapologetic about it. Last but not least, in a last-ditch effort to save Mia, he promises her anything, anything at all, including her freedom, if she wants it.


Who would be my perfect Adam? I am featuring Ian Somerholder as Adam here, even though he is too old for the part. He has a great capacity for carrying huge emotion while maintaining his swagger- necessary to correctly portray Adam. Besides, he's gorgeous- why wouldn't I want to plaster my post with his pic? :)






Comments

  1. Adam is my book boyfriend too! I fell hard for him in "If I Stay" and found his tactics to see Mia in the hospital endearing. I also love Ian too. It's a win-win situation! Great pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *swoon* I love Adam! Great pick Twinkie, and fabulous write up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rummanah Aasi- thanks! Adam is pretty easy to fall for, isn't he?

    @Tevya- thanks for letting me take your turn. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i own the book, " if i stay" and i read it and i loved it! my friend borrowed it and said she loved it and that she was gonna buy, " where she went" and then i could borrow it. she bought it and i only have three chapters left and i love both books so much!! you sould write a third! i swear i'd buy it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...if i stay was the first book i fell in love with and the first book that made me cry. I read it in eighth grade last year and i never forgot about it. Then i found "where she went" yesterday and i read it in a day and of course i loved it too. I love Adam and Mia they were just meant to be together. Their story is so heartbreaking..but at the same time so full of love and passion. In "where she went" you discover that they never stopped loving each other..

      Delete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!