Teaser Tuesday: Miss Me When I'm Gone, Skylark, & Pushing the Limits


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.


Then I thought about Gretchen's e-mail box receiving the message. What happens to the e-mail accounts of the deceased? I wondered. Do they sit around in the air, forever collecting spam? If an e-mail account is never closed but never opened again, does it still really exist? It was a tree-falls-in-the-forest sort of question, of the morbidly silly sort that Gretchen would have asked.

~ Miss Me When I'm Gone by Emily Arsenault, pg. 7 (ARC)



You said you would rather die. I closed my eyes. You said you would rather die. Images stirred in my imagination and memory. A paper bird, stretching its wings for the first time. A woman of light, whispering run. 

Would you rather live?

I leapt.

~ Skylark by Meagen Spooner, Kindle Location 1063 (ARC)



Noah's strong hand slipped over my wrist before he entwined his fingers with mine. The sensation of warm flesh against an area I allowed no one to see, much less touch, caused me to shiver. My eyes widened, realizing my mistake. This is what had freaked Ashley out. What had come over me? I never pulled up my sleeves. I spent all my time pulling them down. When had I become... comfortable?

Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry, pg. 216 (eBook)


Comments

  1. Miss Me When I'm Gone teaser, whao, I want to read that one, never heard of it, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good book. I love Emily Arsenault's writing. If you're into mysteries - she's your girl.

      Delete
    2. P.S. - My review for this one will be up next week. :)

      Delete
  2. LOVE the first one! I wonder what happens too, and funnier still is a pic I saw on FB recently... it says how in the year 2156 Facebook will have millions of dead people's accounts. Totally true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser! Actually, there's a service that will take care of notifying your online and email friends after you're gone. No kidding. Here's a link, if you're curious: http://www.myobitlist.com/

    My Teaser is from A VERY SOUTHERN AFFAIR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good question. No one ever checks those email addies,
    poor things.

    mine: http://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2012/07/31/teaser-tuesday-servant-of-the-underworld/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole concept was creepy and intriguing at the same time.

      Delete
  5. Oh wow - Skylark sounds good.

    Here's my TT

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished it - it was a great mash up of a number of genres and felt really 'fresh'. Steampunk meets "The Forest of Hands and Teeth" meets "Poison Study". Really cool. ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!