Book BFF: Anna Oliphant


Book BFF was created by Larks Andrea, Paula, and Jen to showcase some of our favorite ladies & was originally inspired by Book Boyfriend. We'd love it if you'd join us featuring your favorite Book BFFs and leaving links so we can check out your posts. We will be alternating between Book Boyfriends and Book BFFs on Thursdays.

Anna Oliphant from Anna and the French Kiss & Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
Look for my Book Boyfriend Post on Étienne St. Clair on March 28!


I had a lot of trouble finding someone who fit my vision of Anna. In the end, none of them were a perfect match, but I decided that Haley Ramm was pretty closeCheck out Haley's IMDB page to see if she fits your vision too.

Appearance:
* "She has a cheerful smile - a slight gap between her front teeth - and a thick, singular stripe of platinum in her dark brown hair. It's a nice touch. Plus, she always wears this necklace with a glass bead shaped like a banana." ~ Lola and the Boy Next Door, Kindle Location 300
* She is three inches taller than Étienne


Facts About Anna:
* She's from Atlanta, Georgia
* Her father writes novels similiar to those penned by Nicholas Sparks
* Her parents are divorced
* She has a little brother, Sean, that she adores - he's seven
* Her parents send her to Paris to spend her Senior Year of high school at the School of America
* Anna wants to be a film critic and is obsessed with movies
* She cannot speak French when she arrives in Paris
* She collects bananas
* Her guinea pig is named Captain Jack
* Bridgette is her best friend back in Atlanta, but she quickly makes new friends in Paris - Étienne, Meredith, Rashmi, & Josh
* Comes to Paris still harboring a huge crush on a boy back home, Toph
* St. Clair is her physics lab partner
* Her birthday is in February and instead of getting a cake she has Girl Scout Cookies
* Goes to college in San Francisco
* Works with Lola at a theater in San Francisco while she is attending college
* She adores Paris' cake shops

Quotes:
"Change of subject." He points a finger at me. "I thought southern belles were supposed to have southern accents."
I shake my head. "Only when I talk to my mom. Then it slips out because she has one. Most people in Atlanta don't have an accent. It's pretty urban." ~ Anna and the French Kiss, pg. 57

Despite her neuroticisms, Anna is my favorite coworker. She's a little older than me, very pretty, and she just started film school. ~ Lola and the Boy Next Door, Kindle Location 300

"It's fun to write a review if you hate the movie ... It's easy to talk about things we hate, but sometimes it's hard to explain exactly why we like something." ~ Lola and the Boy Next Door, Kindle Location 661

"Mademoiselle Oliphant. It translates to 'Point zero of the roads of France.' In other words, it's the point from which all other distances in France are measured." St. Clair clears his throat. "It's the beginning of everything."
I look back up. He's smiling.
"Welcome to Paris, Anna. I'm glad you've come." ~ Anna and the French Kiss, pg. 84

I flush, and he keeps talking. "In Paris, it's common to acknowledge someone attractive. The French don't avert their gaze like other cultures do. Haven't you noticed?"
St. Clair thinks I'm attractive. He called me beautiful. ~ Anna and the French Kiss, pg. 189 

"You're the most incredible girl I've ever known. You're gorgeous and smart, and you make me laugh like no one else can. And I can talk to you." ~ Anna and the French Kiss, pg. 366

Why She's My Book BFF:

Anna is a girl after my own heart and I saw a lot of my teen self reflected in her. She's smart, witty, and outspoken, but underneath it all she's a bit shy and unsure of herself. Anna is cute, fun, and she's not afraid to tell people like it is - her southern nature also rings true. As a Georgia girl myself, I know that I'd be able to be great friends with Anna. I adore her!


Comments

Post a Comment

We love your comments!