Book Boyfriend: Étienne St. Clair


We decided that Thursday needed a little pizazz and stumbled on this meme while hanging out at one of our favorite blogs, A Book and a Cupcake. So we took ourselves over to The Unread Reader to see what it was all about and join the fun. The Unread Reader features this meme on Wednesdays, but we figured moving our participation to Thursday wouldn't hurt anything. We'd love it if you'd leave a comment if you participate in this so we can check out your book boyfriends as well. 

Étienne St. Clair from Anna and the French Kiss & Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins


Finding my ideal Étienne proved to be almost impossible. In my mind, he's a younger version of Matt Bomer. Check out Matt's IMDB page to see if she fits your vision too.

Appearance:
Dark Brown Messy Hair - that occasionally has a few curls - it appears to be both long and short at the same time
* Short for a Guy, but his exact height is never mentioned
* He has lovely teeth - "straight on top and crooked on the bottom, with a touch of overbite" (pg. 16)
* Lola describes him as ridiculously attractive
* Big Brown Eyes


Facts About Étienne:
* History Nerd
* He has a picture of himself as Napoleon that he keeps taped to his dorm room door
* Josh is his best friend
* His friends call him St. Clair
* His father is French and his mother is American, but he grew up in London
* He has a confident swaggery walk
* He does not get along with his father
* Attends college at Berkley
* He does not have a drivers license
* He is deathly afraid of heights

Quotes:
"Seriously, I don't know any American girl who can resist and English accent." ~ Anna referring to Étienne, Anna and the French Kiss, pg. 15

"St. Clair's head is always in history books the size of dictionaries," Meredith interrupts. "It's hard to get him out of his room." ~ Anna and the French Kiss, pg. 40

His dark messy hair has a few curls in it today. It's quite breathtaking, really. If there were an Olympics competition in hair, St. Clair would totally win, hands down. Ten-point-oh. Gold medal. ~ Anna and the French Kiss, pg. 59

I suddenly understand why people describe kissing as melting because every square inch of my body dissolves into his. My fingers grip his hair, pulling him closer. My veins throb and my heart explodes. I have never wanted anyone like this before. Ever. ~ Anna and the French Kiss, pg. 311

Every girl in school must be in love with him. ~ Anna and the French Kiss, pg. 23

Anna is the only person who calls him by his first name. The rest of us call him by his last, St. Clair. I'm not sure why. It's just one of those things. ~ Lola and the Boy Next Door, Kindle Location 300-308

St. Clair is just friendly. The whole school likes him - the professeurs, the popular kids, the unpopular kids - and why wouldn't they? He's smart and funny and polite. And, yes, ridiculously attractive. Although, for being so well liked, he doesn't hang out with many people. Just our little group. ~ Anna and the French Kiss, pg. 93

Why He's My Book Boyfriend:

I don't think I even need to explain to those who've read these books why Étienne is my Book Boyfriend, but for those of you who haven't had the pleasure of meeting him, I shall persuade you to remedy that. Étienne is charismatic, handsome, and charming. He has a British accent (swoon) and speaks French fluently. He's devoted to his mother and would do anything to keep her happy and safe. Furthermore, he is also a devoted, loyal friend. His feelings for Anna are so strong and my heart patters a bit faster when he discusses them. He is the ultimate romantic and all around wonderful guy. In addition, he's a history nerd like me. How can you not love him?


Comments

  1. I think Etienne would be a PERFECT boyfriend! ;) He's just so sweet and adorable! UGH! :) I can't wait to get more snippets of him and Anna in Isla!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am soooo excited about the Isla book. I love Stephanie's writing and getting more of Anna and Étienne.

      Delete
  2. Etienne was definitely a favourite! ADORED that boy!! Good choice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!