Teaser Tuesday: Necessary Lies, Fractured, & Indelible


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.


Mary Ella got the looks in our family. Roses in her cheeks. Full head of long wild curls, the color of sweet corn. Carolina-blue eyes. "Them looks of hers is a curse," Nonnie always said. "She walks out the door and every boy in Grace County loses his good sense."

~ Necessary Lies by Diane Chamberlain, Kindle Location 125 (ARC)




As much as I didn't like being close to most people, I wanted to comfort this kid. I knew how he felt, and I wanted to make him promises. I wanted to tell him that he wasn't disposable, that better things were ahead, that he wasn't alone. I could have been just like him if not for Diane. So I held him like the mother he needed in that moment and silently fought my own memories of being broken and having no one to do this for me.

~ Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands #2) by Sarah Fine, Kindle Location 1251 (ARC)




"Inq says that the Folk are an endangered species," Ink said. "We preserve our world by minimizing their exposure to danger. " "Is marking people so dangerous?" Ink looked her straight in the eye. "It is always dangerous, dealing with humans."

~ Indelible (The Twixt #1) by Dawn Metcalf, Kindle Location 971 (ARC)


Comments

  1. OOoh nice set of teasers! These are all new to me!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies! Fractured is the sequel to Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands)...really REALLY good! I hope you check them out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!