Book Boyfriend: Roth


We decided that Thursday needed a little pizazz and stumbled on this meme while hanging out at one of our favorite blogs, A Book and a Cupcake. So we took ourselves over to The Unread Reader to see what it was all about and join the fun. We'd love it if you'd leave a comment if you participate in this so we can check out your book boyfriends as well.

My Book Boyfriend: Roth from White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Roth's Appearance (From Layla's Perspective):

"The newcomer stood well over six feet, as tall as any Warden. His hair was dark, the colour of obsidian, and it reflected blue in the dim light.  Lazy locks slipped over his forehead and curled just below his ears.  Brows arched over golden eyes and his cheekbones were broad and high.  He was attractive.  Very attractive.  Mind-bendingly beautiful, actually, but the sardonic twist to his full lips chilled his beauty.  The black T-shirt stretched across his chest and flat stomach.  A huge tattoo of a snake curled around his forearm, the tail disappearing under his sleeve and the diamond-shaped head rested on the top of his hand.  He looked my age.  Total crush material--if it wasn't for the fact that he had no soul." ~ p. 18, White Hot Kiss

Some Facts About Roth:

~ His real name is Astaroth.

~ He has a snake tattoo on his arm that lifts off and becomes a real 10 foot long snake...affectionately named Bambi.

~ Roth is an Upper Level Demon.

~ Being a Demon, Roth has no soul.

~ He has a tongue bolt.

~ He has three 'kittens' living in his loft.

~ Roth hums "Paradise City" a lot to himself.


Quotes From or About Roth From White Hot Kiss:

"The knots in my stomach tripled, magnified by the fact that Roth didn't deny what the seer said.  Would he really risk the world?  Who was I kidding?  Roth would, because he was a demon and demons operated on a self-serving sort of basis.  But Hell did have to suck on a massive level, so who was I to judge?" ~ p. 245

~

"When I opened the door, he was sitting by the piano, idly teasing the black kitten with one hand and a glass of--was that wine?--in the other.  Late-morning sunlight from the nearby windows cast a halo around him.  No boy should look as good as he did, and especially no demon.  ~ p. 258

~

"Oh, here you go." Roth flopped on his back, grinning up at the ceiling.  "Next you're going to tell me I have a conscience."
I rolled my eyes.  "I wouldn't go that far, but--"
His chuckle cut me off.  "You have no clue.  Just because I like it topside doesn't mean anything other than that I like places that don't smell like rotten egg and aren't a billion degrees."
"You're such a liar."
He rose onto his elbows, his laughter fading into a smirk.  "And you're so incredibly naive.  I can't believe you feel sorry for me.  I don't even have a heart." ~ p. 265


Why Is Roth My Book Boyfriend?

Roth is a gorgeous demon with a playful side, complimented with a sardonic personality.  He lives for teasing Layla...and that teasing is just so incredibly delicious.  I think Roth was not prepared for Layla...for some of his vulnerabilities seemed to surprise himself as his feelings for her deepened.  He's quite capable of epic battles with the Wardens and other Demons, but he also has a very soft and gentle side (especially where Layla is concerned).  He IS literally the perfect 'bad-boy'.


Comments