Teaser Tuesday: Fall of Poppies, Harriet Wolf's Seventh Book of Wonders, Taking Chances, My Sister Rosa, & The Girl From Everywhere


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm.


He was my impossible dream, my lady in a tower. Such loves are never meant to be requited; like a falling star, they fade before they hit the earth, leaving only a faint memory of brightness lost.

In my case, I caught my star as it was falling and burnt my fingers in the process.

~ Fall of Poppies Anthology, "The Record Set Right" by Lauren Willig, Kindle Location 955 (ARC)




As for my readers, I'll pretend you're not here too. I know that you really want Daisy and Weldon. The books changed on you as they went, but Weldon and Daisy were constant--wanting, wanting, wanting. A love story. I didn't know it until the end. All stories worth telling are love stories.

~ Harriet Wolf's Seventh Book of Wonders by Julianna Baggott, pg. 70




“Chase … you’re beautiful.” 

 His smile was breathtaking as he climbed back over me, “Beautiful, huh? Trying to take away my masculinity baby?” I knew he was teasing, but I played along trying to get a couple of words in between kisses. 

 "So sorry. I meant. Rugged. And handsome. And so. So sexy.”

~ Taking Chances by Molly McAdams, pg. 167





"I wonder how hard it would be to open the emergency exit." Rosa is staring at the safety card. 

"For you? Impossible. You're too small. Besides, no one can get them open when a plane is in flight." I don't know if that's true. I'm sure Rosa will look it up later and tell me. 

"What about setting the plane on fire?"

~ My Sister Rosa by Justine Larbalestier, pg. 4




"I do apologize. You are posing hitherto unfamiliar challenges." 

"Don't trouble yourself over it," I said. "There are always other tourists." 

"But none I'd so like to impress." 

My God. He was flirting.

~ The Girl From Everywhere by Heidi Heilig, Kindle Location 1197 (ARC)


Comments